Receiving Your Fireclay Sink
After Sales Care
Taking Receipt of your Sink
When your sink is delivered, you will no doubt be excited to see the beauty of your newly acquired Belfast sink, please make sure the following steps are followed before moving your sink inside, this will help in the unlikely event of damage occurring to your product in transportation.
Before signing for your sink, visually inspect the packaging for any sign of damage, only when you are satisfied that the integrity of the packaging is in tact, sign for your Belfast sink. It is important that any visual damage noticed upon receipt should be recorded on the documentation provided by the transportation company.
In the unlikely event of the sink being delivered with serious damage under no circumstances sign for the goods, and instruct the driver to return the goods to belfastsinks.com.au distribution depot and a replacement will be sent out immediately. It is important at this stage to also notify belfastsinks.com.au customer service on 1800 111 566 of the uncompleted delivery.
When moving your sink for unpacking take care not to drag, tip or drop it. Using a pair of scissors carefully remove the packaging, avoid using sharp blades or knives as this can inadvertently cause scratching.
Moving Your Belfast Sink
Belfast sinks weigh between 25 and 50 kg’s depending on the style. As such a minimum of two people are recommended to engage in moving your sink. Appropriate lifting techniques must be used at all times, bend your knees and keep a straight back at all times, If you are unsure, how to lift safely or feel unduly qualified to maneuver your sink into position, we recommend airing on the side of caution and advise commissioning a trained plumber to assist.
Under no circumstances should your sink be dragged, as it may damage your floor or sink.
Unpack your Belfast Sink
Care must be taken when unpacking your sink. Do not use any sharp objects such as razors or knives to cut away the packaging. Use rounded edged scissors if you must. Once un-packed you may then move your sink into position.
In the unlikely event that you have discovered an imperfection the following steps must be followed:
- Any damage must be reported in writing within 24 hours of signed receipt of sink to firstname.lastname@example.org, we can not be held responsible for any damage that is reported outside of this period.
- Photos of any damage must be sent by e-mail to belfastsinks.com so that we can substantiate any damage claim, and determine the most efficient and best method of rectification.
Belfastsinks.com.au has many years experience with butler and farmhouse sinks and as such can determine very quickly what is surface cosmetic damage that can often be cleaned and what is fundamentally a damaged product. In all cases reports of damage are handled with respect and a resolution will be implemented swiftly.
- The sink must not have been transported to any other address by a third party after signed receipt.
- The sink must not have been moved to any other location inside the house before checking your product, as we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your sink during internal maneuvering of your Belfast sink.
- The product must not have been interfered with in any other way by any receiving party.
- Your sink should be checked prior to moving it inside your home, as any damage reported thereafter will be deemed to have occurred at the hands of a third party after signed receipt.
- If the sink has received irreparable damage during transportation the sink will be collected and replaced with a new sink.
- Ceramic kitchen sinks are individual and no two sinks will be identical due to the slip casting manufacturing procedure, this is what forms part of the beauty of purchasing a ceramic kitchen sink as no one else will ever have a sink exactly the same as yours. It is normal for the sinks to have a tapered edge and as a result of these two points it is imperative that you have your sink in possession prior to cutting your kitchen stone, as dimensions provided on this site are for sizing purposes only as such belfastsinks.com.au is not liable for any fitting issues caused by cutting holes for you sink prior to receipt, and no refund is due. All care must be taken by you the purchaser to ensure accuracy of any holes cut to accommodate your chosen sink.
Once you have checked your new Belfast sink all that remains is to install and enjoy the beauty and practicality that it brings to your new kitchen.